Training Mind Set

So with the physical issues I am experiencing there are also mental thoughts associated with the process. So I thought I would put my thoughts down here for anyone who reads this so they know where my head is right now.

Today the plan is 100% to run and complete the 26.2 ING Georgia Marathon. I have four appointments already scheduled with 1st Choice to fix the physical issues I am having within the next two weeks. I am looking forward to them because I want to get back to 100% but I am still bruised from last week so they won't feel good I am sure. I have had a pretty big decline in the training that I have been physically able to complete due to the pain so being honest I am losing confidence on achieving my second goal of running the marathon in under 4hrs. It is very frustrating to have the will and fell strong enough to stay on task but be physically unable to complete workouts that were elementary to me just a few short weeks ago. Some have asked if I would consider not running at all to help healing (My Dad of all people, lol). The answer is NO! In my short time with the tri group and the mindset working with EK the words "QUIT" are no where close to a thought. The goals of completing marathons and Ironmans aren't completed by thinking in that manner.

Now, through other conversations people have asked what my plan is if I don't get better before the marathon. Seeing as I haven't been able to run more than 13 miles in a month there may become a point that the Dr's tell me not to run the marathon. That decision won't be made until the Wednesday before the marathon and only if running the marathon would risk the rest of the season. I have a full schedule planned for triathlon events this summer ending with my "A" race of ESi 70.3 Ironman Augusta. If there is no improvement and the Dr's tell me I will most likely ruin the rest of the year then, and only then would I back it down to the half marathon.

Overall my mindset I feel is still strong but I am frustrated and a little concerned I am losing physical conditioning that I gained up to the injury with my training. I am lacking a few of the long runs that I felt were necessary to be fully ready for the marathon so that is in the back of my mind.

Another Dr's appointment tomorrow so hopefully another step closer to recovering! I have a few questions for them that hopefully will help gain some confidence back. I have some training runs the rest of the week that will hopefully help me start to regain confidence in my condition for the marathon mentally and physically as well.

I am still very focused on the marathon but it will be nice to finish the marathon so I can break up the training of all the running and get more swim and bike training in my schedule. Today I look at it as the 70.3 is 1.2 mile swim which I couldn't complete today, a 56 mile bike and I rode 31 for the first ride of the season and felt great Sunday, and 13 mile run which I can do now and I am injured. I also have 6 more months before Augusta so I just want to work on my swimming and get faster in the other two areas!

Thanks for reading my blog and especially your support! Miss everyone back home!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment